Who do we serve?
Anyone travelling in, from, or to Miami County Indiana.
How to schedule a ride?
In order to better serve you, new customers need to register. To register, call (765) 472-6028 and press 1. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
· Home Address
· Mailing Address (if different from home address)
· Date of Birth
· Phone Number
· Special Transportation Needs i.e., wheelchair accessible vehicle
· Medicaid Number (if applicable)
Already a customer? To schedule a ride, call (765) 472-6028 and press 1. Reservations need to be made 24 hours in advance before 4 pm if at all possible
· Date of requested ride
· Pickup address
· Drop-off address
· The time you need to arrive at your destination
· Whether a return ride is needed or another destination
· If a wheelchair accessible vehicle is needed
· If an escort or other people are riding with you
Trips may be booked up to one month in advance. You may also request a standing appointment if you want to ride on a regular basis. Standing appointments need to be cancelled 24 hours in advance. . Rides are scheduled on a first call, first serve basis and are subject to availability.
Cancellations must be made at least 1 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time. Failure to meet this requirement or failure to be present for scheduled pickup will result in a No Show. Continued violations may result in suspension of services or the option to pay for No Shows. To cancel a ride, please call (765) 472-6028 and press 1. Please be prepared to give us your name , day and time of pickup, and any return trip that may also need to be cancelled.
What is the cost?
For one person for each one way trip:
$2 Within the Peru city limits
$4 Within ten miles of Peru
$6 Outside ten miles of Peru
$1 each additional household member riding
There is no charge for Senior Citizens, although a donation is welcomed to help cover the cost of services. These rides are funded by Area Five Agency on Aging.
When does YMCA Transit operate?
Y Transit operates Monday - Friday from 6am - 8pm and Saturday from 9am—1pm. The call center phone lines are open Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm. You may leave a message for cancellations.
YMCA Transit is closed or has limited access on the following holidays:
· New Year’s Day
· Memorial Day
· 4th of July
· Labor Day
· Thanksgiving Day (limited hours on the day after Thanksgiving Day)
· Christmas Day (limited hours on the Christmas Eve or the day after.
What services does YMCA Transit offer?
Y Transit, like any other public transportation system, is available to individuals of all ages and incomes. It has scheduled pickup and arrival times and is a shared ride service.
However, Y Transit provides more personal transportation and offers a Demand Response Service. This service is specifically designed to serve small towns and rural counties.
Demand Response Service
The demand response service is based on individual requests, which are taken on a first-come-first-serve basis. There are no specified pick up times/locations and no structured routs, although some routs do have service area boundaries. This is an origin-to-destination service where drivers will offer a helping hand as needed to ensure that individuals reach their destination safely.
· Fares must be paid upon boarding the vehicle
· Be prepared for delays due to traffic or inclement weather.
· Please be ready at least 15 minutes before your scheduled ride The driver may arrive up to 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time and is permitted to wait a maximum of 5 minutes.
· If your ride has not arrived within 10 minutes of your scheduled pickup time, please call the transit system.
· Y Transit has wheelchair accessible vehicles available upon request.
Rules of the Road
· No Smoking, eating or drinking
· No open drinks or food
· Seat belts must be worn at all times
· Customers must supply and install their own child safety seats.
· Stay seated while vehicle is moving
· Allow customers to exit before boarding
· No profane language
· Clients are able to carry on items that they can carry in one trip and can secure either in their seat, at their feet and clear of the aisle way, or in the seat next to them (if available).
· Customers with portable oxygen tanks are welcome
· Only service animals are permitted unless a pet is in a carrier that is secure.
Weather: Y Transit may suspend operation if roads or conditions are deemed unsafe.
All services are provided without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin or ancestry (in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964) and available to individuals of all incomes. This material and information on our non-discrimination obligations is available in alternate format upon request by calling (765) 472-6028. TTYTDD 800-743-3333. Any person who believes he or she has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Transportation Supervisor.